You're spending way too much time waiting in traffic, your salary is worth half what it was a few years ago and you've just had a bad day at work.
We all have those times when we start wondering if it's time to go home.
Here's ten reasons to stay...
1. It's cold, wet and miserable at home, everyone's moaning about the recesssion and you've forgotten what its like to go weeks without seeing the sunshine. (Only valid if you are from England or some equally grey place.)
2. So the traffic is bad. It's bad everywhere, in fact it's worse in many places - and at least Doha is small!
3. There's no work back home.
4. Even though your salary may not be worth as much as it used to be, chances are it is still better than you would get back home - and it's tax free.
5. It's true that it's hard to get a drink - but on the plus side there's no fighting in the street, there are no violent yobs puking outside pub doors and you can go out any place in the city at any time of night and feel safe.
6. There are loads of great places to eat, and while the pricey is getting pricier you can still get great nosh for a few bucks.
7. The shopping is amazing, and it is getting better all the time. (Actually, I hate shopping, but it makes my wife happy.)
8. You live by the sea, and the Corniche and the view from the Corniche is beautiful. (Unfortunately, you can't swim in that tempting sea.)
9. It's winter, and you can still swim in the pool.
10. You are living in a dynamic country which is changing probably more rapidly than any other country in the world. Its changing economically, its changing culturally, its changing architecturally. You may have no idea where it is going to end up - but that's is precisely why its worth hanging around to find out.
I ran out of positive reasons at ten, but let us know in the comments if you can think of any more.
And just to balance things out, next week we'll look at ten reasons to leave Qatar...