A Qatar Guide for Tourists and Residents
 
Home   Qatar   Doha   Contact   Qatar Jobs   Qatar Map   Request

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Qatar Censorship and Google Safe Search

Qatar has gone for a new, more light hearted censorship image.


Here's the old one for comparison:


Humerous ads doesn't change the fact that censorship is really, really annoying. This time I was going to the website to check out a flash player I was thinking of having done for one of my websites - the last time I came across it was when trying to access a website about safe colours.

Qatar now also forces Google safe search on us.

Again the problem is you can be searching for something quite innocuous and have it be blocked.

I searched for this man, former Lord Mayor of London, and a character in a children's story and and pantomine.

No luck!

At least not in the search results. Ads, for some reason, are allowed!



AddThis Social Bookmark Button



Tags