A Qatar Guide for Tourists and Residents
 
Home   Qatar   Doha   Contact   Qatar Jobs   Qatar Map   Request

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Qatar haircut

I’ve always found getting my hair cut in Qatar a bit problematic.

Essentially, there seems to be a choice of getting your hair cut in a luxury hotel or in one of the street shops.

In the street barbers, whatever you ask for, you generally seem to get a short back and sides. This is also often accompanied with a massage. I may be backward, or homophobic, but I have never felt quite comfortable with receiving a massage from another man.

I did go to a young Lebanese hairdresser for a while. He was superb, giving me a decent modern haircut with no fuss. Unfortunately, he had a row with the owner of the shop and left the country in a huff.

I have also tried the Intercontinental. Although on the expensive side, they gave me and a friend a decent cut. However, the two barbers looked so unfriendly we felt no desire to return.

However, my search has now come to an end with the discovery of Patrice Salon in Villagio.

This little shop is hidden down the side of Carrefour, in the corridor parallel with Virgin. Within two minutes of entry, they had sat me down in the chair, squirted my hair with water and were whipping it off.

For QAR 70 riyals I got a decent haircut with no fuss – just what I wanted.



AddThis Social Bookmark Button


Qatar Visitor e-store (U.S.)

Qatar Visitor E-store (U.K.)

Find the best deal, compare prices and read what other travellers have to say about Qatar

Tags